Thursday, August 27, 2009

Baby Blues and Navy Blues





The baby blues... most people get them, but Adam and I were unprepared for their arrival. Our first day home from the hospital was fine but the night arrived and Jonathan was hungry but nursing seemed to be something he couldn't figure out. We got at most 45 minutes of sleep and we both felt that we were in over our heads and that maybe Heavenly Father had made a mistake, we weren't ready to be parents. Unfortunately, graduation was the next day and Adam had to say the closing prayer. I couldn't stand the thought of going out in public after such an awful night so I missed my own and my husbands graduation. Adam went and though he slept through most of it he made the walk, gave a short but sweet prayer, and celebrated with a nice brunch. Meanwhile I slept. So we are both graduates. It all seemed somewhat anticlimactic after having Jonathan... I still hope to go out to lunch sometime in celebration. I was able to take some pictures a few weeks later. Oh, and never fear, Adam and I adjusted, got rid of the blues, and LOVE being mommy and daddy.

1 comment:

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

haha that describes how I felt perfectly.
It's crazy how you feel (totally dont expect it), overwhelmed and all, and it's crazy how you are quick to get over it.