Monday, July 11, 2011

Love

I've been experiencing a strange phenomena lately. Now you might wonder what this phenomena could be... or perhaps the title of this post gave you a clue. That's right folks it is love. Not romantic love, or familial love (well perhaps a little), but the more platonic variety. Brotherly love. For me this is a phenomena. Phenomena being described in this instance as an extraordinary event.
I am not a bad person. I have often felt that I might even be a good person but I have not often felt true un-adulterated brotherly love.
For some unexplained reason (or at least unexplained by logic or science) when I have been surrounded by large crowds of strangers (i.e. Disneyland, Lagoon, or visiting a sister-in-law's ward), I have felt this warmth and love for said strangers. A love that makes me feel bound to them. A love that makes me feel they are truly part of me, and I of them, that we are in literal fact, part of one enormous, incomprehensibly large, family. A family with a Father who knows us individually and loves us individually. Who does not see our race, or wealth, or status but loves us regardless of them. Regardless of any of our man-made categories. I hope that with time I can make this phenomena more ordinary. It would be amazing to feel that love for everyone I meet instead of these strange flashes that only occur broadly for a crowd.
Just something I have been thinking about. Ignore this post please and thank you.

with platonic love,

k

2 comments:

The Jenkins Family said...

I'm not gonna ignore this post, Katie!! =) I sure did enjoy my time you guys! Love you all!

The Jenkins Family said...

*with*