Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Here comes trouble.

This little boy... He has split personalities right now. One is sweet, sensitive, and funny. The other is aggressive, crazy, and stubborn. Parenting is no joke. 

 He loves legos (already) and will play with them for 30 minutes at a time or more, which is quite long in the toddler world. We keep his crayons and coloring books in a drawer he can reach and at least once a day I find him coloring at the table.
He loves to pretend to be characters (and people) he likes, such as Puss in Boots, Nausicaa, Darth Vader, Tron, Captain America, Jasper, Gideon, and my favorite Adam. When he pretends to be Adam he has to gel his hair, wear undies, and call me "sweetie."

 He enjoys going to parks around Seattle, and loves Nature School. His favorite color is blue. His favorite food is vegetables (yep, I'm lucky I know), "Mickey-mac," pizza, and kimchi + bop. He still hates peanut butter and can't understand why anyone would eat it. 


He calls me Kate and Katie about half the time. He hums and sings all through-out the day (with a very eclectic mix of Gotye, Children's Hymns, and movie soundtracks.)  He enjoys "helping" me cook. He is generally a good big-brother but certainly likes to keep us guessing on that subject. I'm grateful for him and his antics that keep me on my toes and add variety to my days.

3 comments:

The Jenkins Family said...

Katie! I love this post! It made me laugh! Especially how you described J's take on how to "be" Daddy. I love it! I can just imagine the kinds of fun chaos that go on at your house! Thanks for posting this. It made me happy!

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I can't wait for you to come visit so I can just squeeze those babies!! Love you guys so much!!

Beth said...

Ha ha, that was a great post. I miss my little nephew (and niece I haven't even met!).