Tuesday, May 6, 2014

tick-tock




day 1
day 28



























day 59























Time is such a strange thing.

Time can fly, and drag, and cease to exist. And yet it passes 
predictably
, second by second, minute to minute, hours, days, weeks, months, and years.
Just two and half months ago every day felt longer than the Great Wall. 
Now, time is a silky scarf that brushes quickly against my skin as it flutters by. 
It is elusive to my grasping hands that want to hold said scarf, keep it still, bunched 
up, and hidden in my hands.

I hold my baby girl and she smiles, charming her way into a place in my heart that will only be for her. I look at my little boy, who not long ago was a baby himself, he's humming the Star Wars theme as he plays. Oh, how I love them. I wish that time would take a nap, stop running around all the time, and just hide in my hands until I felt it was time to move again.
Time is such a strange thing.



(I accidentally wrote this on a different blog.
It was meant to be published on 7/12/12. Oops)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Different blog? How many blogs do you have?

I love that: I want time to take a nap. What a great way to put it! Although, honestly, half the time I end up wishing that time would speed up a little bit and that we would be done with this interminably training period...but that's no way to live is it? Shame on me.

Sorry I missed your sweet little Gem's birthday. Can't wait to see here in person.