Thursday, March 4, 2010

to new things.

I've been needle felting some birds for a mobile for J. They're coming along nicely I've made about 7 of them so far but I only really like 3 of them enough to use... here they are.


A bird in progress. They have been a nice distraction during the long hours that A. is at work.



I have been on the look out for things to like about B-town. I decided that it's time to stop comparing everything here to everything back in dear Provo. I realized that I'll never like where I am in the present if I'm continually thinking about the past. Yes, it is true that Provo will always feel like my home town. Yes, I miss my family in Provo, I miss going to the grocery store and seeing people I know. I miss Utah county's beautiful mountains and Timpview drive. I miss BYU and so many other things but it's time for me to move on (especially since I can go and see those things when I'm of a mind to). Who was it that said "it's hard to move forward with a foot in the past" ? Somebody said it I'm sure.
So, the humble beginnings of (hopefully) a long list:
1- One library card for all of the libraries in Davis county
2- Community classes held at all of the high schools with classes ranging from mandarin chinese to yoga. Oh yes, I will be taking some.
3- Being 12 minutes away from Salt Lake City.


4 comments:

lauren and ryan said...

those are SO CUTE katie. i miss ya.

katie said...

thanks lauren! i miss you too.

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

good plan! I totally feel that way about Palm Desert, I'm proud you're figuring out fun things to do :)

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

I'm very proud of you for looking for the silver lining, sister. The mobile is looking cute!! Love you all!