Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beta Beard


Hello all, Adam here. I thought that seeing as how I check this blog everyday for new posts from my sweet wife, I might as well add one myself for her to look back on and read.

My first instinct would be to write about happenings in my life as of late, and when I think back upon such happenings, the only new and exciting thing to write about would be my beta beard. What is a "beta beard" you ask?... well "beta" refers to a time period in the last stages of the development of a video game, in this case it lasts from the first week of January, till the last week of March, whereupon our current game reaches completion and a burden is lifted off the shoulders of the team and the execs at Disney. So its been just over three weeks now that I have had this beard and Katie reports that she, "likes to look at it, but not touch it." I suppose this would be suitable if ones face was a look but dont touch item, but seeing as how I am madly in-love with my Katie, the thought of her not touching my face with hand, nor cheek, makes me shiver in sad loneliness. Therefore I cannot say with complete confidence that this beard will make it through to the bitter end... but it will try.


The Beta Beard
See it, love it

Along with growing the beard, I am also letting the hair grow out a bit, mainly out of curiosity to see what it will be like in March. I suppose I will like it if I can achieve one of two worthy goals. End up with hair that looks like my good buddy Paul when he came to our wedding (long and luscious like Ive never seen on Paul before), or hair that looks like a Korean pop star. A Korean pop star may seem strange to those who dont know me well, especially since my hair is usually so short and conservative in its asthetic. But be thou not confused, for I too have had the joy of watching Korean dramas with my lovely Katie lately and as a tribute to the dramas and the fun we have watching them I went ahead and posted my face on a dear friend of Katie and I's... Ji Hoo Sunbae.

Me as a Korean, give it a chance to sink in... then love it.

Ji Hoo is from a drama we just finished called Boys over Flowers, it was superb.

Love you all. -Adam

7 comments:

CaradonandtheBoys! said...

Adam, you crack me up! I love you brother! The beard looks nice, but I concur with Katie. I hate touching Brad's face when it is not clean-shaven. Good luck in your dilemma.

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

Adam you are mistaken in admiring Pauls nappy, long, hair. I told him to cut it everyday!

Nana said...

My gosh, Adam, you made my morning! I laughed and laughed when I saw the picture of you as a 'Korean' pop star! Hilarious.
I hope the beard stays for awhile...at least until March heh?
Love you guys!

gigi said...

Oh my.

Wow.

Janette said...

Wooh! you GO, white boy with Asian hair! haha oh Adam, thanks for the invite. I guess this is what boys over flowers does to ya, photoshop ur face into a F4! lol I was into that for awhile, too! I've given myself the pleasure of being Jandi and my bro Junpyo lol Spencer was too cool for F4... tsk tsk

what is it with men and beard? Spencer does one of those experiments every once in awhile and I'm the same with Katie, Spencer is not allowed come near me with his wannabe happa "beard" lol

well, fun post. thanx for the invite ;)

Anonymous said...

i like your beard. i don't like you as a korean. your face is too big for the body. even to big for the big hair. ppohpohpphhhjll (fart noise).

Adam said...

Youre retarded poo... ill have you know I am good enough at photoshop to up the transparency and match up the eyes and facial features exactly to make sure the ratios are correct... gosh.