Monday, August 8, 2011

Off

I don't know quite how to put into words what I've been feeling lately. Melancholy? A little blue, lack luster, off kilter maybe? I can't say.

The sun is out today. The leaves outside the window next to me are moving with every little breeze. They cast shadows that flicker and change here on the couch, then, there on the wall. Every twenty minutes the number 5 bus rumbles past. The cars are more constant. Sometimes their sound is soothing like the lapping of water. They move past quietly, then loud, then quietly again. Repeat.

J is asleep. I am awake. Waiting.

3 comments:

Nana said...

What are you waiting for? Just a question.

katie said...

Enlightenment. Haha. No, just Adam and his Mom to arrive and for Jonathan to wake up so I can clean his room, that sort of waiting.

Beth said...

In the duldrums?