Tuesday, August 28, 2012

blessed

On Sunday the 26th we had G.'s blessing.
She wore a dress made by my mother that I wore 26 years ago.
  When J. saw her in her dress he said "She's so pretty, mom!" Yes, she is.
 I'm glad we didn't wait longer (we thought about it) because the dress barely fit over her succulent arms. Yes, succulent. They are squishy goodness that just beg to be chewed (without teeth of course).

 The only family that could make it were Adam's darling aunt Cheri and uncle Dale. While the rest of our family members were greatly missed it felt good to have her blessed in front of our ward family.
She was blessed by her father, surrounded by Nate Williams, Nate Grow, Rob Egbert, Steve Watson, Geoff Bean,  Russell Johnson, & Chris Layton.
 It was a sweet blessing for our sweet little jewel.
 
I really am so very blessed.

4 comments:

Beth said...

She is so beautiful! I think she looks a lot like you as a baby. Were your arms succulent? ;D We'll have to ask Mom.

Is that your apartment, by the way? Still never seen any photos of it!

emily sparks said...

she is so sweet and i love the dress.

The Jenkins Family said...

I wish I could have been there, Katie, although my thoughts are nearly always with you guys! I love you!!

Nana said...

Beautiful Gemma, beautiful Katie!